My sweet miracle baby

My sweet miracle baby
God always keeps his promises!
" A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for"-Carl Sandburg

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Autumn in New York

Wow, as I look outside my window I see evidence of seasons changing. The leaves are scattered about in hues of yellow, red, and orange. I can't believe that another holiday season is here, and that soon Thanksgiving will be here followed shortly thereafter by Christmas. Isn't it nice to know that although situations and circumstances in our lives change, God never does? What a comforting thought it is to know that our God was the same when we were little, and he will be the same when we grow old! I love the verse that says "I once was young and now I am old, yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken, or their children begging for bread". Our attitudes towards each other can change on a whim, but isn't it nice to know God's attitude towards us never does? Sometimes we cry, scream, and fight to get our own way, you'd think that God would be sick of us. Guess what? He's not. We can tell him we're angry at him, that we don't understand what we're going through...but it still doesn't change what he thinks about us. Not one bit. He holds our hand through the storms of life...not around them, but walks us through them.
I am reminded of a song that we used to sing in church when I was younger:

Though storms of strife assail me without warning, and though they try to steal my joy away. I will find rest in knowing you have saved me, precious Jesus, rock of my salvation.

Rest assured that the love of Jesus Christ will take you through anything life can dish out at you! And enjoy this beautiful Fall weather...





0 comments: