My sweet miracle baby

My sweet miracle baby
God always keeps his promises!
" A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for"-Carl Sandburg

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Hello Second Trimester!

Wow...these weeks fly by. Tomorrow I will be 13 weeks, only two weeks from my next appointment. My next appointment I will be 14 weeks 4 days, which is enough to find out the sex, and we are definitely finding out! Everyone keeps asking us about names, well, we have lots of them! For a boy we like: Peyton, David (wonder why! haha)& Collin. For a girl we like: Audrey, Grace, Joy, Madeleine, Kaleigh (kay-lee)Ella, Emma,etc,etc etc. We are going to have to think about some more boy names if that's what this baby is!

I know people mean well, but we are being pressured from a certain side of the family to breastfeed, and it isn't my side! (haha) We have actually decided to bottle feed. I might be viewed as horrible when we finally fell them we are not breastfeeding!! (by the way, why the heck do people spell it like bre*stfeeding or something like that on blogs? It's kinda silly... what are we? Prudes? Just spell it out!!)

I went to Michael's today and found some great candles on sale for half off (the summer scents) Now's the time to go if you need some more for your house, ladies!
They also are coming out with some nice Fall scents. Who doesn't like the scent of a Pumpkin Pie candle burning away in your home? Mmmm.... anyway....

God has been dealing with me alot on being content staying at home. It was fun at first, but it gets old fast! I keep reminding myself to cherish these times where I can take a nap,etc, because in 6 months, that will be a thing of the past! I am so thankful to not have to work. I'd rather be at home growing a baby than on my feet for 8 hours in a stressful workplace..been there, done that.

Those are all my thoughts for now...! I think I'll go do scrapbooking....

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Yay for second trimesters...I'm right behind ya! What a relief, huh! :)

Anonymous said...

That is so exciting!! So glad you are doing well!! Enjoy those days at home - It is a wonderful thing!!!

Deanna @ oneagleswings said...

Yay, yay!! Second trimester is such a fun time. You're not too big and uncomfortable, but you're starting to feel the baby move and you start to 'show'. Fun times.

I love the names that you have picked!

I was incredibly defensive when I had Mic and felt that I had to explain and defend my mommy decisions. Truthfully, if you want to bottle feed, then bottle feed. And if anyone asks what you were planning to do, I would say "We haven't fully decided yet", if you don't want to argue.

However, if you do tell them and they give you a hard time, here's what you could say:

"Thank you for your concern and advice. We'll take that into consideration and decide what's best for our family."

Say it with a smile and it should deflect any further comments. Try not to be too offended. People just like to talk and give advice and it doesn't mean that they think you are not capable.

Enjoy this time and keep us updated!

. said...

Can't believe how fast time goes... soon you will be holding your little one and wondering what it's like to be pregnant.... about the bre*st thing... haha, I thought it was dunb too, but some internet filters (like ebi) pick up on that word and signal it as porn... so that's the reason for spelling it out that way, so you don't get blocked for words like that. Sick world, I know.
have a great day!

Tim and Sarah said...

Hey Rach,

Will we be seeing any belly pics? I'm sure you don't have a noticeable one yet. Let us know when you register somewhere.

Love ya

Christina said...

hey girl! Miles was bottle fed and he is purrrrfect, lol, no seriously, he is very healthy and is lacking nothing. I had the looks now and then about formula, BUT in the end they are our children soo there!! You are gonna do great at being a mommy. OH and i;m breastfeeding Levi and its going good, BUT i will say all the tales about formula babies are fat, stinky, gassy and spit up, NOT TRUE, Levi is all but fat but fits the rest of the effects, so in my opinion its got nothing to do with it. OH 1 more thing, dont buy the "best" stuff out there, my Dr. told me kids grow to like whatever you give them, its like prefering Coke to Pepsi... talk to you later! Cant wait to see what your baby is, b or g?!!!?