My sweet miracle baby

My sweet miracle baby
God always keeps his promises!
" A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for"-Carl Sandburg

Friday, February 29, 2008

So many things on my mind....


Well, I didn't realize that it's been awhile since I've written. So much has happened in the past week or so, which I will share with you soon...

It's another cold day, but I don't mind it. I know eventually the sun will come back out and my long pants and wool peacoat will be replaced with flip flops and bermuda shorts. I am more and more missing the ocean (where I grew up) It's funny, I've told people, when you live by it, it's not such a commodity, because it's always there when you want it, but when you live where the nearest body of water is a lake, you miss it pretty quick! I miss the boardwalk, and feeling sand between my toes, and seeing fiddler crabs,seeing the sailboats and boats come in near the marina,etc
Ok, enough of that, I am missing it even more! Davey and I will have to take a trip to visit my family, maybe in a few months! ;)

Our little puppy is good. I never mentioned her name,it's Mocha. She is so curious, and it's not a good thing! Last Saturday I was typing on my laptop, and she decided to bite into my cord and give herself a little shock! Dont worry...she's fine, I don't think she'll be doing that again. She also poked her eye (it's fine too) Let me explain, she has a 5X5 pen that's about 3 feet high that whenever she is in there, she can climb up the side and get out (don't ask me how she does it, but she can) We came home one day, and she was outside the pen. We decided to zip tie it to our twin bed so that she couldn't try to move it with her teeth (which she has) Well, she was on the twin bed and must have brushed her eye aginst the zip tie, and looked like she had one eye for a bit! Her eye is totally fine. I told Dave we should've named her "Lucky".

This weekend will be fun. Dave and I are going to stay in and watch a "feel good" film. Does anyone know of any good films? Here's some of my fav's:

1)Far and Away
2)While you were Sleeping (of course)
3)Pursuit of Happyness (spelled that way)

List goes on......

What's a movie you like? Maybe I'll rent it....;)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I know exactly what you mean about taking the beach for granted...I miss it so much now that I don't have it around! We have a dog named Mocha too...only she is a Basset Hound...a little bit bigger than yours. :)

Dani said...

Hey Rachel!! It's Danielle-your old roomie :-) My favorite movies to watch are Father of the Bride 1 & 2, Nine Months (funny), and my ALL TIME favorite that I literally watch OVER AND OVER AGAIN is Twister- Don't ask me why, just love it :-) Hope to hear from you soon!!!