Well,
We got internet quicker than I thought we would. It's been a crazy few days getting settled and putting away stuff. The weather here is absolutely gorgeous, it's about 86 today.
The drive was very stressful...to say the least. Here are some highlights of our journey:
*Locking ourselves out of the moving truck and having to wait 2 hrs for a locksmith. (well, I locked us out...;( ) We kept having to take turns holding the puppy and sitting in the Saturn..the T.V. was on the passenger side!
*Dropping the T.V. outside on the curb before we left...it still works but has battle wounds.
* Having a white-knuckled death grip on the steering wheel riding through Columbus,Ohio..it was so busy and stressful I wanted to scream!
*Blasting the A/C in the car to stay awake...
It was all worth it when we got down to Memphis and saw our new apartment. It's so cute and spacious. We have just about everything new, down to sinks, tubs, tile, countertops, carpet,refrigerator,etc. God really blessed us. My kitchen is all put together, so now we are working on the two bedrooms and bathrooms. We are going today or tomorrow to look at a new couch, since we had to leave ours behind (thank goodness for stimulus checks..woohoo...) We have a nice fenced in backyard that I absolutely love, my table and chairs with my umbrella fits out there nicely, and Mocha gets lots of space to run around.
We can definitely tell a difference in the attitudes down here, everyone is much more friendly. We are also getting to know the area, and figuring out where Walmart, Target, Aldi's,etc is. We went for a Sonic run on Sunday (mmm...great burgers and fries! If you haven't heard of Sonic, you are missing out) More later...we have to take back the Penske and go couch shoppin'....
Henry: 12 Months
11 years ago


6 comments:
Wow, Rachel...that was quick! It is good to hear that you are doing well and starting to get settled. Your apartment sounds so cute. You should definitely post some pictures. What a stressful drive, but it's over and now you have the reward. :) Where will you be working? Anyway, God bless and congrats on the move!
rachel this is alison from elim and yo had told me who the lady was that did you wedding invites and i ordered with her but cant find the info for a friend. Let me know my email is parker85@hotmail.com
Wow, that was fast!! I'm so glad you made it there safe and sound. The traveling part is always the challenging part, but I'm so glad things were not worse than they were. Your place sounds so homey and so nice. What an exciting time for you both!!!
Lots of love to you!!
Yay, you made it! I was waiting to see a post! I'm glad that you love your new place & that you made it down there! I'm jealous of the nice weather though! It's FREEZING here and raining today...congrats on your new place!
You go girl! Get that home in shape! Ha sounds like a SIDEWINDER CRAB TRIP! Hopefully hotel california came on to LIGHTEN THE MOOD! Love you girl chat with you soon!
Glad to hear that you guys made it! Sonics is great...too bad they don't have old movies playing when you drive up and park... that would make them incredible! :)
Post a Comment