Well, it's been about a week since I have last written, and the house is pretty much together, complete with a nice new couch! yay...no more sitting on the floor!!!
I went to get my haircut in a small town near where we live and I figured out something: Even if you make an appointment, that's not necessarily when you will be seen. I had an appointment at 1:15, and I didn't get a haircut until 1:50. The accent down here is so thick, I was the only yankee in a room full of southerners! I also watched an older lady get her hair teased and a whole bottle of hair spray applied all over her head, and if that wasn't enough, the stylist gave her a second round of stiffness! I had to look away because I was about to laugh, that hair was definitely not moving out of place!
We went to a neat church on Sunday that we really like, and will go back to. I am so fond of smaller churches, because you get to really know people. This church had about 60-70 people...that's perfect for us.
This week is licenses! We are trying to blend in rather than stick out like a sore thumb with our New York license plates...
Pictures will come soon, I am getting a webcam so I can see my niece and nephew over the internet, and also my mom, so I will post a video as soon as possible.
Have a good Memorial Day, don't forget to remember the veterans who gave their lives so we can have all the things we do...
Henry: 12 Months
11 years ago


4 comments:
Hi Rachel!! First, my mother-in-law has that same couch and it is gorgeous and soooo comfy. Great choice. I had to laugh at your time at the hairdresser. Wow. Do you remember when we thought that having our hair teased was a good thing?? I remember all too well. Good luck this week with licenses. Have a great week and God bless!
Hi Rachel!! It's sooo good to hear from you and to know that things are going together well for you both. I too enjoy smaller churches like that - gives you a sense of family!! We so happy for you both!! Hope things go well for you this week - have to love the DMV!!!
I WOULD'VE LAUGHED WITH YOU!!! Teased hair?! COME ON PEOPLE! :-D I can only imagine you...I miss you friend and I'm so excited for these cool changes you're living!
Great looking couch! We got one last fall that is that same style but ours is a different color and material. I love lounger chairs and sectionals so it makes a great combination...the corner seat is the best! :)
Post a Comment