My sweet miracle baby

My sweet miracle baby
God always keeps his promises!
" A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for"-Carl Sandburg

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Getting used to the heat...and other random thoughts.

Well, we're pretty much all unpacked, and we hung the last picture on the wall. Dave and I keep saying to each other "I still can't believe we live in Memphis now!". It is a totally different culture than we are used to...

Pray for us, we're putting in applications and seeing what's available work-wise. We're okay financially, it's just we're sick and tired of sitting around..we wanna get workin'! I applied for various different jobs, including David's Bridal to be a consultant (sounded like fun...), an insurance agency to be a customer service rep,etc. I am only going to be working 15-20 hrs a week, so it shouldn't be that hard to get a job, since most places are looking for part time anyway.

My Grandparents who live in Missouri are coming through on Tuesday and are staying in Memphis, so we're going out to dinner with them! We haven't seen them since our wedding, which will be two years this month! (crazy..)

Random note: has anyone watched the cute show on TLC "Jon and Kate + 8?" It's about a married couple who had twin girls, and tried for a third baby and instead had sextuplets! It's such a cute show! I can enjoy it until November, because that's when this Comcast internet/cable deal runs out!! (hehehe)

Dave and I were laughing that when our family asks us what the weather's like down here, we say "oh, about 88.." Yes folks, that's a mild day down here! Yesterday Dave laughed at me because I said "Wow, Dave, it's ONLY 80!" (I never thought that would be mild to me!..sigh)

Well, I will blog more later this week, I'm goin' to spend time with the hubby who is probably watching Cops...oh joy!!!

I'll let you know how the job hunt is going!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cops - who knew - Omar likes watching that too!! It sounds like you are doing well and settling in nicely.Good luck on the job hunting!!!
Love Ya ~Sally :)

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear things are going well! I saw little Jojo this weekend with Alex...it was TOO much fun!!! Miss ya girl!

. said...

Happy anniversary.... this time last year you were on a cruise.... you guys sure get around (he he)
I'm still mad at myself for not physically saying goodbye.... but nice to know you feel close through this thing.... happy job hunting!!!

The Mauers said...

Hey Rae! The job is going well. Definitely challening, but in a good way. I was way to bored at EBI. It was a wonderful place to be and I can never replace the relationships, but this new job is a bit of a better fit for me. Learning lots of big medical words! It's high pressure, but I like it:)

How is TN? I've been reading your blog and it seems like things are going well! I envy the warm weather! Hope you guys have a great new start down there:)

Jen