My sweet miracle baby

My sweet miracle baby
God always keeps his promises!
" A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for"-Carl Sandburg

Friday, July 25, 2008

Another post of random thoughts!



I am so proud of my husband. Since I was on bed rest, he was doing the cooking, cleaning,dog watching, AND with all of that, still working crazy hours! I am so blessed to have him as a husband and a best friend. The above picture is from our honeymoon to Fort Myers,FL. I can't believe that so much has changed since then, now it's not just the two of us, it's the THREE of us! wow.

I have been also thinking about how lucky I am to not have to work. With Dave's new position as Assistant Manager, we make more than we would've if we both had minimum wage or more jobs! Praise God! I am looking forward to being a stay-at-home mama.

I dreamed before we knew we were pregnant that we had a little girl, and then now that we are I keep having dreams about a little girl...hmmm....maybe it's the Lord..who knows.

I started a pregnancy scrapbook for this little one. It's fun to think of the layout you want for each page, and decorating,etc. I also saw a memory book I wanted for the baby. Of all the places to find it, it was at Walmart! It was this Carter's memory book for a girl or boy, and it had tons of things to write about: your family tree, major events that took place when they were born, and then fun stuff like the cost of bread, gas,etc. The book went all the way up to 5 years old! I have been looking on Amazon,etc for cute baby books, and this beat them all! yay.

I have started healthy eating for this pregnancy. No, it's not because I noticed I was packing on the pounds, because I probably only gained 2 so far,I mean so I won't blow up like a blimp this pregnancy. Most girls think "I am eating for two, so double portions!" No, No, No! It's only 300 extra calories, which is like a slice of cheese and some other small things. That's what makes it so hard to lose the weight, because you pack on way too much! I have also been walking. Down here that means in a store or the mall, because it's 90 degrees at 9 in the morning! I am eating whole wheat foods and taking out the bleached foods!!!

Just a few of my random thoughts...!

2 comments:

Deanna @ oneagleswings said...

What a great picture of the two of you!

Being a stay-at-home mom is wonderful. Try to find some other stay-at-home moms that you can connect with. It's so fun to have friends in the same stage of life as you. They can encourage and enlighten you, as well as bear your burdens. If only we lived closer...:)

Good for you on eating healthy. It does make it easier to lose weight and helps with all the pregnancy aches and pains, as your belly grows. Plus, you will be modeling healthy eating for your child and that's important to get them on the right track for life.

Enjoy making your scrapbook. I have one for Micaiah, but not Caleb. Oops. By the way, I voted 'girl' on your poll, too. Do you have any name picked and are you going to find out the gender by ultrasound if you can?

I hope you have a great weekend!

. said...

I voted girl too.... and I thought of you when I went to Aldi's the other night.... great store, very simular to the one down the road. Anyway, keep scrapping cause it can get away from you faster than you think when the baby is born...
are you going to find out what you are having??