So, I know it's been awhile, but I have started to feel more and more tired as this third trimester progresses, so that is the excuse for my absence. ;)
Dave and I put up the Christmas tree and decorated it. We also took our annual Christmas picture and sent it to friends and family. It looks pretty cute! I also finished buying Dave's gifts and wrapped them already...he has no idea what I got him, which I love because he normally can guess them.(I was sly this time around..not this year!!) This is going to be a Tennessee Christmas because of how far along I am in the pregnancy. It's bitter-sweet, because I know we'll still have a wonderful Christmas together, but I wanted to be home for Christmas this year with my Mom, Dad, and brothers.(sigh) Next year will be even more special because it will be Garrett's first Christmas, and we're spending it in CT! I love the Steven Curtis Chapman song that is on my music player at the bottom of this blog called "Christmas is all in the heart". It talks about a couple's Christmas, and how they don't have much, but it's not about the gifts, or snow on the ground, but about Jesus. What a wonderful reminder in our commercial hyped day and age. It's not about what we receive, it's about who we are with, and about celebrating the greatest gift of all, a Savior coming into the world. He did not come with pomp and blare, but poor and quietly into a world who didn't even stop to notice. Let's remember this Christmas to look past all the Christmas music and Santa Claus hype (which is ridiculous), and see Christmas for what it is truly about, God taking on human flesh and dwelling among us, walking in our shoes, feeling our hurts, our worries, our frustrations, our pain, and knowing he lived to die someday.
Who could ask for a more perfect gift?
Henry: 12 Months
11 years ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment