My sweet miracle baby

My sweet miracle baby
God always keeps his promises!
" A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for"-Carl Sandburg

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A baby story.... Part I

After 1 1/2 weeks, I finally am sitting down to tell you everything! Here's a run-down (is that the right word? Forgive me if it isn't, I'm tired) of the last few days before Garrett was born...

The week Garrett was born was very productive!!

Sunday- we visited the hospital and toured the maternity ward, baby nursery, and postpartum rooms. We asked questions and felt better about what needed to be done when we thought I was in labor.

Monday- Mocha finally went to a new home for good! A couple at our church told us their Aunt had been looking for a dachshund, and called us Monday and asked if she could come get her.(yay)The Aunt also had a dachshund puppy, and now Mocha has someone to play with.

Tuesday- I bought my Medela pump in style from someone on craigslist. It was new in the box and factory sealed. I knew this would come in handy...

Wednesday-we talked with Garrett's pediatrician and felt like we wanted her as his Doctor. We went on a date to Panera bread and had some good food and good decaf coffee!(I did, Dave had high octane..haha) Little did we know that would be our last date as a married couple without a baby yet. We were watching "Walk the Line" (one of our fav movies because it starts off in Memphis) later that night and I started feeling contractions 10 minutes apart. I didn't think anything of it because I heard you can have braxton hicks, so I tried to change positions and drink more water, hoping they would go away. By 12 am, they were still there, so I called my OB and he told me to keep an eye on them and call if they were still going strong. Throughout the night I still had them, and it was back labor (ouch). By 8 AM they were still there, ten minutes apart and getting bad... I started timing them...

More to come! Gotta go feed the baby!! Coming soon- A baby story part II!!!

5 comments:

Christina said...

HOLY MOLY!!!! I havent had interent, and cant believe he is here!!!! AHHHHHH! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE IS BEAUTIFUL AND YOU LOOOOK GREAT!!!!!!!!!!

Sarah said...

so exciting can't wait to hear the rest

. said...

I love baby stories... thanks for sharing that part... can't wait to hear part 2... and part 3... I remember how it was with a newborn, you never know when you will have two minutes together. I'm sure you are having a blast being a mom :)

Sarah said...

I can't wait to hear part II! Its so amazing that you are experiencing motherhood. And hear I sit wondering when this little girl is going to make her appearance. :)

Bethany Struthers said...

Hey Rach! It's Beth! I just fixed up my blogspot! I had to get one ready for when I'm leaving in september for youth with a mission! Thats a pretty sweet boy you have! God is so very good! Love you and miss you!

-Beth