SO sorry I haven't posted in awhile! every spare moment has been used up cleaning or sleeping, or showering! haha..you girls remember the early days, right?
So, Thursday morning I still had contractions, and I started timing them with my Mom (we were on the phone a lot that day!) I was trying to figure out if they were actual contractions or Braxton Hicks. All day I was in pain with back labor, and I even told Dave to go to work and that I'd call him if I needed to (silly me). Dave went to work, and about an hour into his shift I realized I couldn't do this anymore without going to the hospital and seeing what was going on, by this time too the contractions had been 5 minutes apart and intense. I called Dave and said I needed to go to the hospital. Luckily, we had already packed our bags the night before, so we loaded them into the car and off we went. We checked in and waited in the waiting room for what seemed like hours, and then finally I was given a room and they called my doctor. Initially the plan was to watch me for a couple of hours to see if I was dilated. A nurse came in to check me, and made me cry because she was too rough! If that wasn't bad enough, because she had small hands, she couldn't tell, so another girl came in to check me 5 minutes later. With the pain of labor and pain down there, I felt like slapping someone! haha. After that, we just turned on the TV, which Dave turned it to ESPN, and we waited again. I felt like I wanted to crawl out of my skin it hurt so bad. Whenever Dave would see me in pain, he would come over and try to comfort me, but by this time, I didn't want anyone to touch me..so I told him.(haha) A few hours later, a new nurse came in to check and see if I was dilated, she had nails! So, after another time of crying, she went and got another nurse to check. They told me I hadn't changed and was still 1-2 cm. I was frustrated, thinking they were just going to send me home to die (that's what it felt like..) Before I was discharged, I was told my Doctor was making the rounds at the hospital and would stop by. He checked me and proved the nurses wrong, I was 3-4. He told me I wasn't going anywhere and they were going to let me have the baby..........
Baby Story part III coming!!!
Henry: 12 Months
11 years ago


1 comments:
wow rachel I would be so frustrated too... what do nurses know?? haha Just kidding. Did you get an epi?
Post a Comment