My sweet miracle baby

My sweet miracle baby
God always keeps his promises!
" A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for"-Carl Sandburg

Monday, January 12, 2009

He's here!!

Just wanted to tell you that little Garrett is here! He arrived on Friday, January 9th at 4:57 AM. He was 36 weeks and 1 day! I had contractions Wednesday night that were 10 minutes apart, and continued into Thursday at the very same spacing, then towards 4:00 they came at 5 minutes apart, so we went to the hospital and was told I was 1-2 cm dilated and they were going to watch and see if I was in early labor or active labor. 1 or 2 hours later I was 3-4 cm and was told I was going to stay and the baby would be born the next morning! It didn't take me very long to reach 10 cm, and 1 hour of pushing and at 4:57 AM a beautiful 5 lb 2 oz 18 1/4 inches long healthy baby boy came into the world screaming! No NICU, went right to regular baby nursery!! Gotta go, more later....



9 comments:

Deanna @ oneagleswings said...

Rachel~what a great birth story.

My Micaiah was born at 36w5d and ended up being in the NICU for 5 days. I am so happy to hear that Garrett didn't need to go there! Yay! Praise God.

I checked out the pictures linked on Facebook. What a cute little boy you have. Congratulations to you and Dave.

How are you? How is the baby?

Sarah said...

Wow!! That is crazy! I'm a bit jeolous. :) I can't wait to see pictures! Congratulations!

KatelynWaite said...

Yay!!!! Congrats!! Can't wait to read more...

Anonymous said...

Yippee!!! Oh, I've been thinking about you and so glad to know Garrett is here. Congrats to all 3 of you!!! :) :) :) :) :)

. said...

WOW Rachel and Dave... CONGRATS! That's a nice early surprise, hope you are doing well!!
P.S My girls were early double his weight... yikes!! haha

Anna said...

Congrats, the pictures are cute;) So happy for you! Enjoy every moment!

The Mauers said...

CONGRATS!!! So happy he's here and healthy:) You'll be a great mom.

Love,
Jen

Sarah said...

COngrats! I am happy to hear labor went well

Dani said...

WOW!!! Congrats Rachel!!! Hooray!!!! Pictues soon please!