Okay, so after trying for 7 weeks, I have realized that nursing is NOT for me. I am glad that Garrett was able to get those antibodies for the first 2 months, but now it is very apparent this is not going to work out.
Any suggestions on gradual weaning?? I don't want to experience pain of going cold turkey!!!
Henry: 12 Months
11 years ago


3 comments:
When I started weaning, I went every other feeding, that way your body slowly adjusts:) (since it they go longer between feedings with formula & Mommy milk) Then, once he was good on formula for that much, I gradually had all the day feedings just as formula, so I was only doing first thing in the morning & last one at night...then it was easy after that...hope it works for you! Also, watch out with the formula - since the milk scare in China there are warnings about the safety of Enfamil Lipil and Carnation Good Start. They have some questionable ingredients that could make your baby VERY sick. My sister's dr. just told her that since she is weaning her baby...Everything else has been cleared as ok for now:) Good luck!
Anna makes some good points. I'd make sure that you don't skip more than one feeding (like not two in a row) until you're feeling like your supply has dropped down. You might also be able to feed just a little on either side and then do half a bottle of formula. For a few days you may want to "bind" - wear a tight sport bra over the nursing bra to help support them. They may hurt for a few days. Oceana weaned very gradually, as did Joshua - so I never was in pain. But Oceana took 16 weeks to wean. Joshua and I had a suppy issue, but I had no troubles going cold turkey when he passed away because he was taking so little from me in the end.
Hey!
I don't know what I am having! It is a surprise! I am anxious to know and really I am hoping for a boy but would also be thrilled with a girl (although I'm pretty sure my pocketbook would not be thrilled..Too many cute dresses!hehe)With the weaning, I'm not sure. Samuel weaned at 10 months and was basically only nursing at night and in the morning. If you do start feel pain I believe warm compresses help. They said that also when your milk comes in and I thought that was a big fat lie. Nothing felt better short of cutting them off! haha! Is he really 7 weeks already? Gosh time flies!!!
Post a Comment