My sweet miracle baby

My sweet miracle baby
God always keeps his promises!
" A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for"-Carl Sandburg

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Blue eyed wonder...

Well, I wish I had some new pictures to show you, but my sweet boy caught a cold from Dave and I and hasn't been feeling up to picture taking, so I will wait until he feels better.

He got some of his shots on Monday, DtaP and Rotavirus. I am still going on a modified schedule, because I don't think six or more shots when you are two months old is kosher for me. I figure if I space it out, it will be easier to also pinpoint a reaction to a shot, whereas, if he has six shots in a row, that would be more difficult. Genius? No, but smart? Yes.

My sweet boy started smiling at 6 1/2 or 7 weeks...I worked hard for that first smile! Since then, he has not stopped! There's something about seeing your little one smile at you for the first time that melts your heart completely! This week, his new thing is cooing and smiling big, big smiles at Mommy! His smiles come most often as soon as he wakes up. Mommy changes his diaper and he starts smiling and cooing away!

We went to Connecticut this last week and had a wonderful time with my family. My mom and I had a special day together and my Dad and I had a Daddy/Daughter date to Panera for breakfast. My Mom and I ate at this cute place called Candy's. This place hires mentally handicapped kids and gives them an opportunity to learn about having a job,etc. They're so sweet! The food is excellent as well. I LOVE chicken salad sandwiches, and they had them. They make everything from scratch, even their bread..mmm.

We flew to Connecticut, and believe me, it wasn't that much fun with an 8 week old, especially if you are in the line for TSA and the ticket counter forgets to include your spouse's ticket, all the while your infant is screaming because he's decided it's time to eat!! Stressful!! other than that, he was great on the plane, just slept the whole time. We also looked at apartments and Dave applied for jobs. It was pretty productive, other than the fact that we all managed to get colds. I still have the sniffles, but it's getting better.

We also had so much fun with my brother Shaun. He is getting so big and tall! It had been almost a year since I had seen him, and he definitely looks like a man!(Well, he will be 18 this year, so he is a man!) The only thing that would've made it complete was seeing my brother Shea. I miss him so much. Hopefully I'll get to see him this summer. Garrett really loves his Uncle Shaun! Shaun would hold and kiss him, and Garrett would smile away...

More later...My house needs cleaning and I am just procrastinating!



1 comments:

Deanna @ oneagleswings said...

Yay for the update! I was hoping for some pictures, but I guess it can wait. :)

Good for you for modifying the vaccination schedule. I started about a year ago not allowing the boys more than 2 shots at any given time.

Aren't smiles the best? Babies are totally dependent on you and it can be very draining. But boy, each smile helps you make it through.

I'm glad that you had a great weekend in CT. I'm sure that your parents were thrilled to have you there and to spend some time with Garrett.

Have a great night!