
Ok, so, I'll admit it, I'm not the most graceful, but this is ridiculous! Today I had yet another embarrassing moment on a communion Sunday....
I went to the front of the church to get the little cup juice and the cracker, and managed to get it back in my seat. When I was up there, in my mind I was thinking of how embarassing it would be to grab your cup and then spill it walking back to your seat.
They pass out those little oyster crackers for the bread, and a little clear cup for the juice (just explaining if it's different for you!) Anyway, my cracker fell out of my hand and I went to try to grab it, and spilled grape juice all over the front of my jeans in the most embarrassing spot! I tapped Dave who looked over and said,"What did you do???". My only thought was to grab my coat and say "CAN WE GO PLEASE!?!?". It gets even better, my lovely husband laughed the whole way home....thanks,Dave. Thanks a lot!
This is definitely not the first time though...At NYSUM I was with my team at a church in the Bronx. Now, when you do an internship at NYSUM you are sleep-deprived, and this day I was very sleepy. I had my communion cup in hand and I spilled it all over the front of me, and managed to also spill it on a woman's bright white scarf right infront of me! At the end, I had to tap her on the shoulder and tell her it was my mistake.....={
Cheers to moments where you wish you could crawl in a hole and hide!!
Henry: 12 Months
11 years ago


1 comments:
Rachel,
I totally understand. I thought I was the only one that did things like this. I have spilt the juice on myself so many times!!! It is an awful feeling and just soooo embarrassing!!! I hope it makes you feel better to know that you are not the only one out there that this happens to. I now carry a tide pen in my purse just as a safe guard!!!
Post a Comment