My sweet miracle baby

My sweet miracle baby
God always keeps his promises!
" A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for"-Carl Sandburg

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Details....Details.......

Well, my last post was pretty quick, so I didn't really get to explain much of how we found out,etc...

We found out we were expecting on June 4, which was four days after our medical insurance ran out! (God knows what he's doing!) To continue the insurance would be outrageous, 1,000 a month plus premiums! Who has that sort of money?? So, we are either self-paying, or seeing about something else..God will provide.

My first appointment would have been July 14th, but I had a feeling I shouldn't wait that long. I was originally scheduled for last Wednesday, but on Father's day I saw the tiniest bit of spotting, so on Monday we went to the OB. I, of course, after the heartache of the last pregnancy was beside myself with anxiousness and worry, because after you experience loss, you don't want to assume everything's okay without seeing an ultrasound. We went in to see the OB, and they gave me a pregnancy test, which turned positive immediately, and then I was told to go to the second floor for an ultrasound. I was praying the whole time, just praying the Holy Spirit would be in the room and that God would protect this baby. Dave and I went in the room for the ultrasound and they put it up there (uggh!) and guess what I saw immediately? A baby and a strong heart beat! Dave and I both started crying and the sonographer measured the baby, 6 weeks, 4 days...exactly what it should be!

After the ultrasound, we went downstairs to speak with the OB, and he told me that the spotting looked like it was from too much strenuous activity, which I remembered the day before I saw spotting I was vaccuming,etc and our cupboards in the kitchen are really high, so I have to stretch to reach them. He told me I needed 4 weeks or bed rest and I can't reach high or down low. He also put me on Prometrium until 13 weeks. My progesterone level wasn't low, it was 21, but I guess anything below 25 they put you on supplements. My cousin had to be on Prometrium as well during her pregnancies...

So, here I am, on bed rest and feeling lazy, but am so thankful I went and this was caught early. Praise God!

If you think about it, please keep us in your prayers..thanks!

And guess what I have been waking up to the past few mornings?? Yep, morning sickness! (uggh!)

6 comments:

Christina said...

uggg, i am sorry about the insurance part, we didnt have insurance with Miles and, so i checked out Medicaid, PRAISE GOD we were approved.. I"m thinking, so that you both dont have jobs, run straight to the health department and SIGN UP, at least try.. This dosent mean you have to go to the health department for your care, just find a place that takes medicaid and go there! Almost ALLL places take madicaid now-a-days. It was a HUGE blessing, we paid for NOTHING! Seriously, dont waiste anytime, go and at least try! Remember they even take care of the babies first year of medical everything, and you can prob even sign up for WIC, another blessing... GOOD LUCK, now call or look them up online!!! I"ll be checking in!

Sarah said...

I'm sorry about your insurance issue although I agree with Christina you should check into medicaid, alot of my patients are on it and they get great care! I'm very happy to hear about the HEALTHY baby!

Deanna @ oneagleswings said...

Well, I'm crying. :) Happy, happy tears! My husband officially thinks I'm nuts as he just looked over and I'm crying at the computer screen! Haha. Yay, Rachel and Dave! God is so good. I pray for the healthiest and happiest 9 months that any pregnant woman ever had. I'm just in awe of God. This was your first experience of many, listening to your 'mommy instincts'. You will learn to trust that voice, even if it turns out to be nothing. I'm glad that they put you on supplements. I agree with the other comment-ers about Medicaid and WIC. They are both such a huge help and most un-insured pregnant woman will qualify.
Oh, God is good! I'm rejoicing with you from afar. God bless and keep us updated. We love you!

Anonymous said...

LOVE YOU LOVE YOU LOVE YOU!!! I'll be calling you soon hopefully! Things have been looking up for me too : -) You're such a good friend! Thanks again for all your encouraging words, I can't wait to meet little Kristin or Christian! MUAHHHH!

Dani said...

CONGRATS RACHEL!! I am so excited for you!!!! Don't worry about the spotting-I did that quite a bit actually through my whole pregnancy I also didn't have insurance with Samuel- I also went through Medicaid. They start you right away and you don't pay a penny for any of the visits. And like Christina said, I went to the same OB/GYN that I had been to my whole life. Its really easy and they fill out the paperwork for you. Hope everything goes well!! Love ya!! We are praying!

Amy said...

Congratulations on the baby! I stumbled onto your blog from Susie Sams and when I read this I just had to comment. Since you are in TN now (I live in Middle Tn) and pregnant, you should qualify for Tenncare. You would be covered through your initial postpartum visit and kids in this state are supposed to always be covered through Tenncare if they have no other way to get insurance. It's not great, but it is at least an option. Good luck with baby and we'll be praying for a healthy pregnancy for you!