“I can forgive, but I cannot forget, is only another way of saying, I will not forgive. Forgiveness ought to be like a cancelled note - torn in two, and burned up, so that it never can be shown against one.”-Henry Ward Beecher
Henry: 12 Months
11 years ago


1 comments:
I just found your blog through Jennifer's (a very good friend of mine) page. And the first post I saw on your page was about forgive and forget. And this EXACT verse has been really heavy on my mind because how can someone "forgive" but not forget. And I battled with this because I don't see how someone can truly forgive if they make the point that they don't forget....very confusing!?
So I started thinking about my past conflicts and anyone that I have forgiven, I forgot what the conflict was about...I'm thankful for that too because I feel I truly forgave them. So, long story short....I'm SO glad I found your blog :)
Post a Comment